Our History

The Goff family businesses were founded by Robert M. Goff, Sr. in 1943 in a small warehouse at the foot of the Broadway Bridge in North Little Rock after graduating from the University of Arkansas. This location had been a former shipping dock for Railway Express. It consisted of a loading dock and approximately 7,000 square feet of warehouse space. Old photos show a giant Meyers Bakery sign over this location. Mr. Goff and Mr. Meyers were old college friends.

Mr. Goff’s father was a traveling salesman for Fulbright Wholesale in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Robert grew up under him in the food business. He opened a grocery store with his father as his partner in North Little Rock in the 30’s. By the 1960’s he had several stores all over Arkansas and a 100,000 square foot warehouse at 1801 E. Roosevelt Road where our offices are now located. The second 100,000 square foot building was built for Dillard’s Department Stores for a central warehouse around 1965. We currently occupy all of this 200,000 square foot facility.

The North Little Rock facility was acquired around the 1970’s when other properties were traded. This facility had been an appliance warehouse for Frigidaire and then a building material warehouse supplying Arkansas with roofing, doors, windows and other construction materials. We use some of this space for several charities and missions that we support. In 2012 a second warehouse was acquired on Roosevelt Rd giving us over 450,000 square feet of warehouse capacity.

Richard A. Goff, Robert’s second son, came into the business in 1985 after successfully building houses for several years. Under Richard’s leadership, the warehousing business continues to grow and thrive today and be an integral part of the Central Arkansas distribution and transportation infrastructure.